With all the media one wonders how the Individual Health Insurance Market look like in Santa Monica in 2014.
Starting in 2014, the health insurance market in Santa Monica and the rest of California should be simpler and more affordable for Individuals and Families to purchase health insurance that can’t be denied or canceled due to pre-existing medical condition.
Key element will be the state exchange, called in California “Covered California”.
- “Covered California” will open October 1st 2013, for coverage starting January 1st, 2014.
- Individuals can use a cerified agent or shop online or by phone for health insurance.
- “Covered California” state exchange will have several advantages.
- The ability to make “apples-to-apples” comparisons of health insurance based on levels of coverage, it is called the “metal level system” , Platinum ( 10 % coinsurance), Gold (20% coinsurance), Silver ( 30%co-insurance) and Bronze ( 40 % coinsurance. On all plans the Out of pocket maxima cannot be more than $ 6350 .
- The ability to receive federal financial assistance that can help lower your health insurance costs. Only the Silver Plan and lower plan will allow the financial subsidies.
The health insurance world is changing in California, and Solid Health Insurance Services will be your partner and expert to guide you through the changes. It is an exciting time and there is hope that more Californians can afford to buy health insurance.